- When applying for the examination, you must select an eligibility period during which you wish to test.
- Once your registration is complete, a scheduling permit with your eligibility period will be issued. You will receive your scheduling permit via email.
- After obtaining the scheduling permit, you may visit the Prometric website to schedule a test date. Scheduling may not be available more than six months in advance.
- You are permitted to reschedule within your eligibility period; you must pay a fee if you make a change during the 45 calendar days before your scheduled appointment.
- If you are unable to test within your eligibility period, contact the organization that registered you for your examination to inquire about a one-time contiguous eligibility period extension. A fee is charged for this service.
- If you do not take the examination within your original or extended eligibility period, you must reapply by submitting a new application and fee(s). Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Test dates are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. The USMLE program cannot guarantee the availability of test centers. Therefore, you should contact Prometric to schedule as soon as possible after receiving your scheduling permit. It is also recommended that you schedule your test dates early in your eligibility period to provide flexibility in case you need to reschedule.