The Bulletin includes information on all aspects of USMLE, such as eligibility requirements, scheduling test dates, testing, and score reporting. You must review and become familiar with the Bulletin before completing your application for USMLE Step 1, Step 2 (CK and CS), or Step 3.
- Quick FactsObtain quick information about the USMLE policies and procedures. While this section has been provided for your convenience, please keep in mind that you must become familiar with this Bulletin in its entirety.
- OverviewLearn about the USMLE, its purpose, ownership and copyright information, and testing formats.
- Eligibility for the USMLE ExaminationsFind important information about the eligibility requirements for each exam, what to do about a change in your eligibility status, time and attempt limits, retakes, and more.
- Applying for the Test and Scheduling Your Test DateClick here to learn where to get application materials, how to apply for and schedule the exam, and what to do if you require test accommodations or personal items in the testing area.
- Examination Day and TestingFind important exam day information about admission to the test center, unapproved personal items, and rules of conduct.
- Scoring and Score ReportingClick here for information about exam scoring, minimum passing scores, score reporting and score rechecks, obtaining official transcripts, and more.
- Irregular BehaviorLearn about actions that may be considered irregular behavior, the irregular behavior investigation process, and more.
- Communicating with the USMLEFind contact information regarding any issues or questions you may have.
- List of Abbreviations
The 2017 Bulletin (PDF) is now available.
The 2016 Bulletin (PDF) is now available.
Download Previous Versions