Scheduling Reminder for Step 2 CS
Posted: January 29, 2016
Updated: June 01, 2016
Schedules at all test centers fill up quickly. We strongly encourage examinees to complete their scheduling before May 31 of the calendar year in which they plan to test. Testing appointments are typically completely filled at least three to four months in advance. If you try to schedule after August 1, you may find that there are no available testing appointments through the end of the year unless there are cancellations.
The graph below indicates test appointment availability for the next six months. Please note that the graph does not indicate availability at any one center, but across all five locations. Availability at the testing center you choose may differ.
More information is available in the Applying for the Test and Scheduling Your Test Date section of the Bulletin of Information.
Enhanced security policies at Prometric test centers
Posted: October 13, 2016
Enhanced security policies will take effect in all U.S. Prometric test centers beginning October 15, 2016. The purpose of the enhanced security procedures is to inspect for camera devices that could be used to capture exam content.
USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 3 examinations are administered at Prometric test centers.
Beginning October 15, 2016, Prometric center administrators will conduct stricter inspections of any and all eyeglasses, jewelry, and other accessories.
- All examinees will be required to remove eyeglasses for close visual inspection by the test center administrators. These inspections will take a few seconds and will be done at check-in and upon return from breaks.
- Jewelry, except for wedding and engagement rings, is prohibited.
- Hair accessories are subject to inspection. Examinees should not wear ornate clips, combs, barrettes, headbands, and other hair accessories. An examinee wearing any of these items may be prohibited from wearing them in the testing room, and asked to store such items in their locker.
Step 3 – delay in score reporting
Posted: October 03, 2016
Updated: October 05, 2016
If you need to receive Step 3 scores before May 10, 2017 it is recommended that you take the exam no later than December 31, 2016.
Most Step 3 scores are reported within 4 weeks of testing. However, because of necessary modifications to the test item pool, as well as a change to new test delivery software, there will be a delay in reporting for some examinees who test beginning the week of January 16, 2017. The target date for reporting Step 3 scores for most examinees testing the week of January 16 through late April will be Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
No USMLE tests will be administered January 1-15, 2017.
Although the transition to the new software will occur quickly at many test centers, there may be some locations where the changes take slightly longer to complete. The overall transition period will likely last approximately 6 weeks. Please note the following:
- Scores on new and old exam forms will be comparable.
- The length of the examination days will remain unchanged.
Page: 1 of 10